Monday, February 23, 2009

Humane Society Fundraiser

I just wanted to tell everybody that I just opened a site where I am fundraising for the Dogwood Walk for the Humane Society of Ozarks. Eric and I went for the first time last year, and it's where we met the (second) love of our life: Sam. We walked around, saw this sweet puppy, heard his story, and fell head over heels! :)


Someone abandoned poor Sam and his seven littermates in a cemetary, and only two survived. When he was found he had mange, a belly full of worms, fleas, and was malnourished. Somebody sure didn't know what they were missing out on :) We scooped him up real quick, and have been in love ever since!



The Dogwood Walk is in a couple of months and this year I want to do my part in raising money to help these animals out with the shelter and care they need! You can go to this site, donate {safe and secure}, and the money will go directly to the Humane Society. Any amount will help, $1, $5, or whatever you are comfortable donating :) This is a great cause, and I'm looking forward to helping these sweet dogs and cats out!

Help me give these animals a second chance at life!! And if you really can't help out right now, at least stop and tell me how cute my baby is! Ha!




Also, tomorrow is "A Day to Spay"... a day to celebrate pets and spay/neuter them! {If you are in the NWA area- the Fayetteville Animal Shelter has a low income spay program where you can get it done for $10... and I have an email address from the Rogers H.S. and they will send you a voucher in the mail to get your animal spay/neutered at any of the vets on their list for $50. It's a great deal... when we took Sam, I didn't know about any of these and his cost upwards of $200!!} Sadly, between 3 and 4 million pets are euthanized each year in the United States simply because too many people give up their pets and too few people adopt from shelters. Everybody go out and be responsible pet owners!!

5 comments:

Jacquie said...

Oh, you have a sweet heart!! I hope you exceed your goal.

Anonymous said...

It's so wonderful of you to contribute to such a great cause

Kayla said...

You're amazing :) I just know Sam is super grateful!

ELP said...

Im doing the same walk for the animals in my town for our local humane society in 2 weeks. Good luck and have fun! Sam is too cute!!!! We got Zoey at the Humane Society that we are walking for.

Lindsey said...

Aww that is really cool! I wish you all the success!!!