Thursday, January 15, 2009

boo fafsa.

I just tried filling out my FAFSA, because I have every intention of going back to school this fall and trying to get my life back on track. Because my plans and goals for my life have nothing to do with working two jobs and struggling to pay bills for the rest of it.

So, I come to the dreaded "Dependency" questions- and once again, have to answer a NO to all of them. No, I wasn't born before Jan. 1 1986 (11 months too late :( ), I don't have any children, I'm not a veteran or in the armed forces, I've never been delcared homeless or emanciapted from my parents. So there it is: DEPENDENT.

Never mind the fact that I haven't lived with my parents since I was 18 {much to my mom's chagrin},I file my own taxes and I pay all my bills and expenses ON MY OWN. They don't claim me on their taxes, but I still have to use their income on my FAFSA. They make too much per year for me to get any financial aid and so now I will be taking out loans again. Just GREAT.

:/ Boo you, FAFSA.

4 comments:

Jacquie said...

What's the January 1, 1986 date from?? Does it just mean you have to be at least 23 to not be considered a dependant?

I HATE filling out that form.

Kayla said...

I feel ya! That system is no bueno. Scholarships??

The Graves Gang said...

Girl, Have faith - Get down on those knees & pray and God will move the mountain - All you have to do is believe in his word...

Jacquie said...

Kyla, if you are using blogger to do your posts you can use the little icon that looks like 2 chains together. If you have trouble... send me an email and I'll email back better instructions. - jmw