Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Scallywags.

If I didn't have these dogs...

There wouldn't be muddy footprints in the bathtub. I wouldn't have hair on every single piece of furniture and clothing I own. I wouldn't have to fight for covers. or leg room in the bed. or space on the couch. I wouldn't be sweeping every day. There would be no chasing of anyone, trying to pry my underwear from their mouth as we race across the house. I wouldn't have a $139 vet bill for an ear infection. No picking up poop. I wouldn't have a wet nose trying to pry itself under my hand as I type. I wouldn't have to do a magic trick every time i come home: trying to unlock the door, holding mail/purse/groceries/phone, scramble in and do a head count to make sure nobodys escaped. There wouldn't be two beady little eyes watching every little morsel I put in my mouth. No standing in between dogs b/c one doesn't like the other one to sneeze. And he can't help it. I wouldn't worry about people coming over. Wouldn't hear clickety-clackety trailing behind me EVERYWHERE I go...It would be quiet.
But lonely.

7 comments:

A "cheery" disposition said...

I feel the same way about with kittens.

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Love this post...it is the exact.same.way in our house!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Ria Thurston said...

Oh tooo cute :) Thanks for coming by my blog - come back anytime!

Pharmacist Erin said...

So true, so true. They can be aggravating, but I can't imagine my life without a pet. Bella follows me around the whole house, but not my husband. Haha!

Erin said...

So cute.... and I feel the same way, though I only have one to deal with and that my friend, is plenty!!!

Kiana said...

SO true! I just kicked one of ours out of the bedroom at 6 in the morning today b/c he was barking & shaking so the collar sounded - omg, so annoying, I need my sleep! .....but I love him. And life wouldn't be the same without either of them <3

Phoenix said...

Ha ha you have to love your pets :)