Monday, September 29, 2008

Steps To a Cleaner House (Maybe)

If you've ever been to my house, you know I'm messy. Well- I've decided to make an effort to change my ways... so I googled some tips, haha..

Try starting with these tips: (from zenhabits.net)

hang your clothes up or put them in hamper immediately

keep your sink clean and shiny (wash dishes immediately, clean sink after)

pick up before you go to bed and before you leave the house

empty your trash daily

15 minutes decluttering sessions each day (see How to Declutter)

clean your shower, toilet and bathroom sink after each use (only takes a couple minutes!) (i don't know about this one... :))

have a place for everything, and put everything in its place immediately

make your bed each morning

keep flat surfaces (counters, tables, desks) clear of clutter

put away your stuff as soon as you get home

so, i'll start (tomorrow :)) and we'll see how it goes. maybe you'll be eating off my floors soon enough...?

2 comments:

The Graves Gang said...

See if you would have just listened to your mother when you lived at home!! Sounds like I wrote most of these tips myself :)

Rachel said...

I actually have been trying to do better at this too. It really is working though...