Monday, March 22, 2010

WW and Girly Bits

I've had several doctor appointments over the last few weeks for some "girly" problems... I've been skipping months (like 5 in a row!) and went to go see what was going on! I had to have an ultrasound that showed lots of little cysts on my ovaries and at my check up last Friday, she diagnosed me with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I'm starting birth control that will regulate my monthly visitor and hopefully clear up some of the cysts. I also had an abnormal pap-smear, so I go back on April 1 to get a "cryotherapy" treatment, where they will freeze part of my cervix and we'll go from there. (NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!) She said it will be pretty uncomfortable but shouldn't be painful.

She also mentioned that losing weight would help tremendously... sooo.. my mom and I started Weight Watchers. It's been almost two weeks and as of my dr. appt Friday, I had lost 6 pounds. The first thing to go was my Mt. Dews!! :( Sad, sad day!! My mom is a great partner to do this with because she's supportive and sends me emails keeping me on track and reminding of my goals..but also keeps me accountable and isn't afraid to keep me in check if I complain about the pizza I might want! ha!

I make a weekly menu and keep it with me all the time. If I know what I'm going to eat then I'm not so "whats for dinner, lets just go get mexican!" haha.. I eat breakfast, a 10:00 snack, lunch, 2:00 snack and then dinner. I do an exercise video at night and drink LOTS of water.

I'll probably update more about this later... but for now I want to hear your suggestions, recipes, and stories!!

4 comments:

ELP said...

yay for the 6lbs!!! Thats awesome. Keep it up. That suck about the lady bit problems...hopefully it will al get taken care of!

Kayla said...

don't forget about intervals!!! hop on that treadmill, sister! :) i'm excited to hear about your progress!

gv said...

Congrats for you girl!!! Keep it up. Got this new recipe...

Caramel Apple Salad

1 8 oz, tub fat free cool whip
1 small can crushed pineapple
1 pkg butterscotch sugar free instant pudding (3.4 oz0
3 Gala apples, diced
1/2 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
Mix all ingredients except peanuts. Sprinkle peanuts
on top right before serving.

Weight Watches - 1 cup=2 points

The Graves Gang said...

I KNOW you can do this girl..... small goals, small steps.... you will REACH IT ONE POUND AT A TIME!!!! Wahoooo...HOOOOOO