Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Weight Watchers Wednesday

I am on board the fit train and I’m not planning on getting off any time soon. Because it’s working!

I’ve had a great week from last Wednesday today. With a minor slip-up on Sunday night that included a chicken ceaser salad (I know, could I have picked a worse dressing? At least it was on the side) and pizza...and just for good measure, I threw in 2 of Eric's hot wings. I felt SO disappointed in myself for the rest of the night. But other than that, I’ve been counting points and haven’t gone over my points yet. I’m saving up my flex points for next Monday, so I can have a dinner out with Eric on his day off.

I’ve also been doing my little exercise videos. I have done the Leslie Sansone, Walk Away the Pounds every night since Sunday. There is an option for one, two, or three miles. So far I've stuck with the one mile, which gets my heart rate up but I KNOW I could do more so tonight: 2 miles! I bought the 30 Day Shred and did it one time...Jillian Michaels scares me! I've haven't worked up the nerve to put that one back in, YET!

I want to share my meals with you and hopefully someone can give me some ideas!

For breakfast, I’ve been eating one of two things:

1) Weight Watchers Yogurt and an Apple (2 points)

2) Cereal with skim milk (3 points)

I really need some other ideas here!! It has to be something I can pack up and take with me because I eat at work. I saw another girl had WW bagels, I cant believe it's not butter spray and fruit strawberry preserves for 3 points! YUMMM:) And Kayla recommended that I boil an egg the night before and bring it with me (YUM again!)

For lunch, I eat a SmartOnes. I really do enjoy these- I already know the points, it's the correct portion and they (most of them) taste really good! I love the Chicken Carbonara and 3 Cheese Ziti Marinara.

For dinner, is where it gets hard for me. I mostly try to stick with the SmartOnes. I want to start cooking, but I dont really trust myself with portion sizes or anything. We did have grilled chicken and green beans the other night, but even then I think my chicken breast was too big. (Need to invest in a scale!) The next thing is I eat before Eric gets home from work, so then while he's eating- I feel like I need to eat again! MUST WORK ON THIS!

My challenge this week is to get into a groove on counting points. I hop it will be so much easier to resist something bad when I’ve spent four days being good and avoiding bad things. Why throw all of that away on french fries?

4 comments:

gv said...

I'm not at home but I have a website in my favorites there that is all WW recipes and has points. You should totally make taco soup...I made that last night and it was delicious!!!

Kayla said...

i was going to tell you that i got bagels and eat them with sugar free strawberry preserves!! she stole it from me!!these ones are called bagel thins 100% whole wheat and are only 1 point. Weight watchers bagels are 2 points! my fav smartones is pasta primavera. YUMM!! also, i got some more peanut butter WW cookies! only 1 point, sister!

I am so proud of you for sticking with this and i love your enthusiasm about getting healthy!

as far as dinner goes, i could use a little help, too. all i do is grilled shrimp and rice or brocolli, smartones, spaghetti or taco salad (prob shouldnt eat the shells, but more often than not, i do)...

Kate said...

I just discovered your blog. I'm on the fit train too! haha I don't know much about WW so I don't want to give you advice that is contradictory to your plan but I did work as a weight loss counselor for 2 years in college. I don't know how these fit into your plan but I have a few suggestions for breakfast:
-1/2 whole wheat english muffin with 1 TBSP Almond ( or peanut) butter {I'm having this right now}
-a Green Monster smoothie (google it) these are really good even though it sounds not good, trust me!
-a breakfast cookie (Google "Breakfast cookie fitnessista" to get the recipe)

I would definitely suggest getting a food scale! Before I had one, I had no idea that I wasn't eating big enough portion sizes with my mean (I'm a vegetarian now though.

Good luck with the 30 Day Shred! It is KILLER!

Anonymous said...

Who can skilled in and tell what goods are sold on this locate: [url=http://itizerrop.chez.com/ultracet.html]one klick[/url]
Thanks for the treatment of waiting!