Thursday, April 2, 2009

Money, money, money

Somebody emailed me, asking why I have so many jobs and don't just choose one to do full-time... so I thought I would outline it and give you the (very interesting, ha) play by play.

Job #1- Red Lobster. 25ish hours a week. I've been here for two years, and this is where I make the majority of my money. I'm totally burnt out on waiting tables, but when it's good- it's great. Still, it's totally unreliable and sometimes slow, which brings me to:

Job #2- KFC. I only work about 15 hours a week here, and it is so I have the security of knowing that I'm going to get a check every two weeks, even if it is "slow." Takes some of the stress off, and plus I get to work with my sister :)

Job #3- Court House. 17 hours a week, and this is mostly just a "foot in the door" kind of thing. I'm totally an office job kind of person(I have my own office AND a lunch break, how fun!), so we'll see how this pans out towards the end of the year (they will have an opening for FULL-TIME in about 6 months!) All of this money will be going into a savings account, which I'm so excited about.

So that is why I have so many jobs. I don't really care for the first two so being at either full-time is a no go. And number three will hopefully pay off shortly. Plus, I love money. Duh.

And this is for Kayla:


(see, I love Chewbacca!)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had four jobs at one point. It was a little rough but you do what you have to, right? Hopefully the court house will work out for you.

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Whoa! Workaholic!
I have never had more than two jobs at one time and that was enough!
I hope things work out for you at the court house!!!

Kayla said...

Oh, that Chuy!

It's prob a good thing you've got #3. We've been SOOOO dead. I only had 4 tables tonight and that was with the new rotation (which actually helped me tonight!) Luckily, I've been doing good, and will pretty much be trying to work full-time. BLUH!

Do I get to see my BFF tomorrow?!?!

Anonymous said...

Wow girl! You have more stamina than me! I don't think I could work three jobs. Though hopefully in six months you won't have to either. The courthouse job sounds great. I love working in an office setting its such a relief from being in the food industry.

Miss Jody said...

I admire you lady! Do all the extra while you physically can..I did at once and had a night job...terrible. Had 4 jobs at once and was going from one to another and had a MAX. of 4 hours of sleep. A night. I can't do it anymore. My job now is so physically demanding, I'm exhausted.
I love $money$ too! Show me the $$$$$$$$$$$!! Ha! ha!

Jacquie said...

I'd be so confused with 3 jobs! Sounds like you've got it under control and have some goals in mind. Good for you!

I like how you caught the light on Chewie in the first picture!

Jessica said...

Wow, sounds like you're a hard worker! Good luck on the full time job at the courthouse :-)

Anonymous said...

Wowzas... I've heard of two jobs but I didn't know it was possible to work 3...but then again I know nothing about life at this point. xD I'm okay with that.
Good luck with job #3! You gonna try for full time with that one?
Thanks for visiting my blog! I love comments. =) Have a good day!!!

Anonymous said...

While I read that I had this song running through my head, "She work hard for the money!"

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be a double commenter. Yikes! I have an award for you and your wonderful self over in my corner of the internets. <3

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

..Um, how many hours do you have in a day...

Cause it sounds like you have way more than I do.